The Minorities in Broadcasting Training Program was formed to diversify the newsroom through access and on-the-job training.
Is this you?
- You’ve researched Minorities in Broadcasting Training Program
- You’re part of an underrepresented group striving for a career as a television news reporter
- You’ve graduated college (even if it’s been a few years)
- You’ve applied to many television stations across the country and submitted your reel/resume’ tape
- You may have even interned in a newsroom
- You may have accepted another position in a newsroom in hopes of moving up
- You’ve been told you should have a year experience before submitting for a news reporter position
- You are serious about landing your first job as a news reporter and work weekly to make it happen
- You have saved up a little bit of money knowing inexperienced news reporter jobs don’t pay much
- You have the support or family and/or friends
- You are ready to sacrifice for what you want
- You are ready to relocate
Does this sound a little like you? If so, we’d like to invite you to take a 5-minute survey of ours. We want to hear from you.