Station Information & Enrollment
“Instead of just talking about diversity in the newsroom, the Broadcasting Training Program is doing something about it! Well done!”
David Bartlett, Former Board President, Radio and Television News Directors Foundation
The Minorities in Broadcasting Training Program (MIBTP) is a non-profit, tax-exempt organization whose purpose is to help fund and create training positions to college graduates in the fields of television/radio news reporting and producer/news management.
Currently, we are searching for additional television and radio stations from all across the United States to join us by becoming training sites for our selected finalists.
* Your station must be located within the United States.
* You agree to take a trainee for 12 months
* You agree to pay the trainee slightly higher than minimum wage (or more)
* You agree to train the trainee(s) in all areas of the newsroom as you see fit
* You agree to help with relocation details (not expenses)
* You are under no obligation after the training period has ended
To review detailed information, including a sample agreement, CLICK HERE to download a pdf file.